Saturday 31 December 2011

The First Blogged Noel

Christmas has been and gone and so has another year!!!  I've already finished my anniversary present for Gavin - I sewed him a bookmark and even made a tassle for it :) Althouth ... if i'm honest, I think I've been doing that in order to put off doing my uni work... o.O

Anyways, there's no way in hell that I'm ready for the new year, but to me, it's just another day.  I have finally started my essay though and despite the fact that I only have until the 4th to do it... ... ...

I've gained so much weight this Christmas!  It's not been the food - it's because my mum keeps giving me and my brother hot chocolate with sprinkles and marshmallows every night :p then again, I'm going to start training again at re-enactment next semester so I should lose it quickly :) But tonight, since my brother is around a friend's house for new year's even with a bunch of mates and Gavin's around his best mates' house, my mum and I are having a lovely night in watching Vicar of Dibley, Paul and Indiana Jones ^_^*  Ah my relaxing holiday at home; how i love it :)

Ooooooo, I must tell you about what happened at The Grand Theatre.  Since gaining the position of stage manager for the adult panto, I've been thinking a lot about my hobbies and my future.  However, on the evening of the panto, I will forever be haunted by the knowledge that I am the first person to get the tabs (red curtain) caught and ... well ... to explain in a diagram ...

This also happened when I asked Gavin to pull the curtain for me on the second and final night...

As well as that ... again, in diagram form, I will demonstrate how I also nearly set the theatre alight ... not something I'm proud of ...

I just want to establish here and now that those people have NOT been set alight!!! All was well in the end ... but ... I advise any budding stage manager to always take cues themselves where pyro's may be involved ...

Happy new year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment